Our Platform enables dental providers, other providers and their staff to better coordinate the care of patients during referrals. Our goal is to facilitate referral management, collaboration, coordination, communication and the exchange of Personal Information among your patients, dental providers, and other providers, including without limitation, through the use of e-fax, secure email, referral system, patient forms, analytics and e-consults.
Confidentiality of Health Information
Dental providers and other providers using the Platform are subject to laws and regulations governing the use and disclosure of health information they create or receive. Included among those laws is the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”), the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health of 2009 (“HITECH”), and the regulations adopted thereunder (collectively the “HIPAA Rules”). When we store, process or transmit PHI (as such term is defined by the HIPAA Rules) on behalf of such a dental or health care provider, we do so as its “business associate” (as also defined by the HIPAA Rules). When we operate as a business associate, we are also subject to such laws and regulations governing the use and disclosure of PHI, and we are prohibited from, among other things, using PHI in a manner that the dental or health care provider itself may not. We are also required to, among other things, apply reasonable and appropriate technical, physical and administration safegaurds to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of PHI we store and process on behalf of such dental or health care providers. For example, we limit the dissemination of your PHI to only such designated staff as is minimally necessary to carry out the stated purposes we have communicated to you.
Information Collection and Use
MedCohere collects Personal Information when you register with MedCohere or when you upload Personal Information into MedCohere’s Platform. It is always your choice whether or not to provide us with your Personal Information. Whenever you visit our websites, MedCohere also receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, MedCohere’s cookie information, and the pages you request.
Below is a detailed list of what Personal Information MedCohere may collect when you use the Platform and how we may utilize your Personal Information with your consent:
- Registration — When you register for the Platform, we may collect certain Personal Information as part of the registration process, including for example, your name, company name, email addresss, phone number and other related contact information. We may use your contact information to send you information about our Platform or other services we may provide to you. We may also use your phone number for security verificiation purposes (i.e. to validate you are the correct user). We may collect your billing address and credit card information for billing purposes.
- Social Information — We collect information that you provide to us through the Platform pertaining to the patients and providers with whom you consent to share (or from whom you have received proper consent to share) Personal Information, as well as communications within the Platform between you and such individuals.
- Demographic Information — We may collect demographic information, such as geographic location, as part of your profile in the Platform. We may utilize your demographic information and other data derived through your utilization of the Platform to help us improve the Platform.
- Surveys and General Feedback — From time to time, we may send you survey questions or contact you with questions related to your experience to provide us with feedback on our Platform. We collect any responses that you provide. Participation in surveys or general feedback questions are elective and do not otherwise impact your access to the Platform.
- Marketing Communications and Advertisements — We may occasionally use your Personal Information to contact you about new product and features. You may affirmatively opt-out of receiving future marketing messages or advertisements and remove your name from our mailing lists. The opt-out provisions do not apply to information collected by cookies or used internally to recognize you and/or facilitate your utilization of the Platform, or information we may retain to comply with legal requirements.
- Audit Logs — We may collect or generate systems operations data incidentally including your Personal Information for the purposes of logging access/activity in our Platform. Audit logs help keep our Platform secure, including identity management, fraud prevention and the investigation of other illegal activities such as cyber-attacks or to detect bots.
De-identified and Aggregated information
In addition to the uses of Personal Information above, we may remove the identifiable parts of your information to create de-identified forms (“De-identified Information”). De-identified Information may be compiled with other data in aggregated forms (“Aggregated Information”). We may use this data in the following ways:
Disclosure for Business Purposes — We may license, sell or otherwise share De-identified and Aggregated Information with corporate partners, insurance companies, health care providers, institutional clients, investors and contractors for any purposes related to our business practices.
- Product Improvement — We may use De-identified and Aggregated Information for product improvement purposes (e.g., data analytics to monitor the use of the Platform or to increase the Platform’s functionality and user-friendliness).
- Research — We may use De-identified and Aggregated Information for research whether scientific, marketing, or business in nature. This research may be made public through publication such as within a scientific journal.
Personal Information Sharing and Disclosure
MedCohere does not rent, sell, or share your Personal Information with other people or non-affiliated companies, except to provide products or services you have requested, when we have your authorization to share such information, or when we provide the information to companies or consultants working on our behalf under confidentiality agreements. These companies and consultants (i.e., our cloud service provider or software developers) do not have any independent right to share your Personal Information.
Accessing, Changing, and Deleting Your Personal Information
You may request access, changes, or deletions to your Personal Information and request information about our collection, use and disclosure of such information by contacting us at email@example.com. We use best efforts to keep our records as accurate and complete as possible. You can help us maintain the accuracy of your information by notifying us of any changes to your Personal Information as soon as possible. Your rights to access, change, or delete your Personal Information are not absolute. We may deny you such rights due to technological contrainsts, when required by law or if the request would likely reveal Personal Information about a third party.
Right to Data Portability
You have the right to receive the Personal Information that you provided to MedCohere in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You also have the right to transfer your Personal Information to another referral management system without hindrance from MedCohere. Your right to data portability is not absolute. We may deny you such right when required by law or where technically infeasible.
Retention of your Personal Information
- Termination — You may unenroll from our Platform at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. MedCohere reserves the right to decide, at its sole discretion, to no longer offer you the Platform at any time.
- Children — MedCohere does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13, and our Platform is not directed at users under the age of 13. If we find that Personal Information has inadvertently been collected for an individual under the age of 13, we will immediately delete it.
United States Jurisdiction and Governing Law
California Online Privacy Protection Act Notice
- Do Not Track — We currently do not support the Do Not Track (DNT) browser setting or respond to DNT signals. DNT is a preference you can set in your browser to let the websites you visit know that you do not want them collecting certain information about you.
- Third Party Marketing — If you are a California resident then under Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.83 you may request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the Personal Information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us at the contact information provided below. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for your response.
If you have questions, suggestions, or complaints about your privacy please email MedCohere at email@example.com.
We are committed to resolving complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of your Personal Information in a timely fashion. If you submit a reasonable complaint or inquiry concerning your data privacy, we will promptly investigate and we will respond to the inquiry or complaint within 45 days. If it is justified, we will take appropriate remediation measures.
Copyright © 2018 MedCohere,Inc All rights reserved.